Is Your Business Ready to Take on a Hybrid Work Model?
Working from home is here to stay. Is your business ready?
It’s hard to remember what work culture was like before the pandemic swept through our lives in 2020. At first, we thought, “I’ll work from home for the next two weeks.” But then, two weeks turned into a month and a month turned into a year.
Now it’s 2021, and employees enjoy (and even expect) to have the ability to work from home. This means that if organizations want to create a flexible, happy, and desirable work environment, they’ll need to be able to adjust and thrive in this new norm.
The Benefits of a Hybrid Work Environment
When it comes to a flexible work environment, there are benefits for both the employer and employee, including:
- Higher productivity. A hybrid work model is the best of both worlds; you get the productivity of remote workers with the effective collaboration of in-person workspaces.
- Employee satisfaction. Working from home allows employees to take control of how, where, and when they work. They can work in the space that feels best to them, at the time they are most productive. Additionally, it shows employees that they are trusted, which goes a long way!
- Lower business costs. With less people in the office, you’ll provide for less employees at a time. This may allow you to downsize your space, provide less equipment, or simply, buy less employee lunches!
- Inclusivity in collaboration. Employees no longer need to be in the same meeting room to brainstorm or collaborate. Folks from all over the country, or even world, can be a part of brainstorming sessions and meetings. With a hybrid work model, collaboration is taken to the next level!
- And much more! There are plenty of pros when it comes to a hybrid work environment—it all depends on the industry, company, and preparedness being put into place.
Is Your Business Ready to Take on a Hybrid Work Environment?
We’re all aware that work environments everywhere are changing. So, you need to ask the question: is your business ready to take on a hybrid work model? Here are a few things to keep in mind as you adjust to 2021 workplace expectations:
1. Workplace Culture
In order to create a successful hybrid work model, you may have to make a shift in your workplace culture. If a big aspect of your work environment pre-pandemic was happy hours, being in the office, in-person brainstorming sessions, and a no work-from-home policy, the time to adapt is now.
Consider relaxing office expectations and adjusting your work-from-home policy. Include other benefits int your place of work (other than happy hours). Provide incentives and fun without the requirement of being physically present.
Office life is not dead when it comes to a hybrid work model. However, to many employees, there are plenty of benefits of working from home—which is why it’s up to the organization to create an environment that attracts their workers. The space should be aesthetically pleasing, comfortable, spacious, and efficient for the type of work being done.
3. Trust & Expectations
Adjusting to a work-from-home hybrid model can be tough. It’s important that employees know what is expected of them and that in return, the employers trust them fully. The hybrid work model will not work if there is mistrust, miscommunication, and lack of direction. Make sure, as you adjust your office and work-from-home policies, you set clear guidelines and expectations for each of your employees.
4. Technology & IT
Although everything mentioned above is important in having a successful hybrid work environment, technology may be the thing that makes or breaks your hybrid work experience. It is crucial that your company has technology that integrates seamlessly from home to the office.
Intereum can easily integrate audio visual technology and remote work tools into your office space. From room sensors to desk sensors to smart office building controls, Intereum’s technology integration services can make use of your office more efficient while also making it easy to work from home.
Not only can our audiovisual tools and services make your office space more efficient, they can also improve safety, which is more important now than ever. A few tools to consider integrating into your space, include:
- Tracking implementation of new workspace protocols
- Facility monitoring
- Floorplate restructuring and adapting
- Touchless Office and Voice-activated check-in
- Employee Facial Recognition
- Temperature scanners
Resilience is Key: Set Your Company Up for Success
Whether you need to update your organization's unified communications tools or shift the workplace design to accommodate the hybrid work model, Intereum can help. Ready to adapt to a post-pandemic world? Let's get started.